If you have been injured in a bicycling accident, call Neill Trial Law 720-443-0324 so that you know your rights. Bicycle riders suffer serious injuries and sometimes death in accidents caused by the fault of motor vehicle, car and truck drivers.
Bicyclists have most of the same rights as drivers with a few notable additional rights.
- Colorado Law requires that drivers allow bicyclists at least a three-foot separation between the right side of the vehicle and the left side of the bicyclist. This means that a driver may not pass a bicyclist if the lane is not wide enough to safely allow the 3 feet of separation.
- A bicyclist is not required to ride over or through a hazard like another bike, an animal, a person, or a vehicle at the edge of the roadway.
- For Additional information on bicycle laws, see
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident, call us 720-443-0324 for help.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Drivers of cars and trucks frequently:
- Do not pay adequate attention to their surroundings
- Do not respect the rights of cyclists
- Fail to stop at stop signs
- Do not look for cyclists before making moves that can endanger their lives
- Fail to check their blind spot before changing lanes
- Make right turns directly in front of oncoming bicyclists
- Sideswipe cyclists traveling on the shoulder
- Open doors in front of cyclists
- Drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Pull out from driveways or side streets without looking
We know what to do to get you the results that you desire and the full compensation that you deserve. You may be entitled to medical expenses, wage loss, pain and suffering and the changes in your quality of life. Contact Neill Trial Law today at 720-443-0324 or fill out the form for a FREE case evaluation!