Motorcyclists have the same right to use Colorado’s streets and highways as everyone else. Drivers of other vehicles are responsible for following the proper precautions to ensure the safety of everyone on the road, including those riding motorcycles. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, Neill Trial Law 720-443-0324 can help.
We understand how serious an injury from a motorcycle accident can be. Whether you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, concussion, spinal cord injury, quadriplegia or any other catastrophic injury, we can help. If a motorcycle accident resulted in the wrongful death of a family member, we can stand by your side and make sure that you are fully compensated for your loss.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists often get struck by vehicles because car, truck and SUV drivers who allegedly don’t “see” the motorcycle. Motorcycles occupy a very small part of the driver’s vision relative to another full-size vehicle. And sadly, drivers simply don’t pay attention even when they should. Why?
- Cell phones
- Children in the back seat
- Young, inexperienced drivers
- Lazy drivers who lack attention while driving
- DUI drivers
- Failure to stop at stop signs or traffic signals
Motorcyclists are also injured when road design, construction, or signage makes it unsafe for motorcycles. Why?
- Changes in the surface of the road may not be a problem for a full-size vehicle, but when motorcyclists approach the same change in road surface, the effect on the performance of the motorcycle is greatly amplified by any sudden changes in road condition.
- Failure to place signs warning of road or surface changes to warn motorcyclists prevent the motorcyclist from being able to respond in a timely manner to prevent injury.
Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
The incredible beauty and sunshine in Colorado make helmet use optional by many motorcyclists. Colorado law does not require helmet use. But, at fault drivers and their insurance companies can defend that the motorcyclist’s injuries would not be as severe had he or she been wearing a helmet. This absolutely does not relieve the at fault driver or the insurance company from compensating a motorcyclist for injuries caused by the driver’s negligence.
If you or a loved one is a victim of a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation and reimbursement for:
- Medical bills, including past and future medical expenses
- Changes to the home in which you live to accommodate wheelchair access
- Attendant care services
- Rehabilitation services
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent impairment resulting from the permanent injuries that many accident victims suffer
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Experience Makes the Difference
Neill Trial Law is respected for our case preparation and courtroom abilities. We will use that experience to get you the maximum compensation you deserve. We will conduct our own investigation, interview potential witnesses and hire expert witnesses to make sure that your rights and interests are protected.
We care about our clients and we are ready to put our skills to work for you to make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact Neill Trial Law 720-443-0324