Automobile versus pedestrian accidents are oftentimes life changing for the pedestrian victim. Drivers are inattentive and often don’t pay attention to pedestrians rightfully crossing the road or walking through a parking lot.
Causes of Pedestrian Accident
- Drunk driving
- Running red lights
- Not paying attention to the rights of pedestrians in crosswalks
- Right turns through crosswalks without looking for pedestrians
- Distracted driving including using cell phones to look at maps or text messages
- Illegally parked cars making it difficult to see pedestrians and bicycles
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Weather or traffic conditions
Usually, injured pedestrians are covered under their auto insurance policies, health and disability insurance policies, or worker’s compensation coverage, if the accident occurs on the job.
Compensation for Damages
We help to claim for the following damages.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of salary or earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, etc.
- Punitive damages – Punishment for intentional conduct like drunk driving
Neill Trial Law, Experience Makes the Difference
Our team at Neill Trial Law are respected for our personal injury case preparation and courtroom abilities. We are aggressive lawyers who will interview all potential witnesses and uncover evidence that is favorable to your case. Through our use of licensed private investigators we will find evidence that the property owner does not want us to know about, like other people who have been injured on their property due to the same condition that caused your injury.